in your shopping basket
What personal information we collect
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
• information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views.
• information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us including name, address, telephone numbers, email address etc
• information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services
We do not collect credit card details. These are handled directly by HSBC via a secure (SSL) connection.
How we collect your personal information
We only hold personal information entered by you during the registration or purchase process. You can view and alter this information at any time by logging onto the website using your email address and the password provided to you. Alternatively, you can contact us to make any changes required.
How we use your personal data
We may use your data for the following purposes
• to administer the website
• to enable your use of services on the website
• to send you goods purchased on the website
• to send you invoices and statements relating to purchases made on the website
• to send you occasional marketing communications regarding special offers etc. You are able to opt out of these communications.
In addition, we may disclose information about you:
• to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
• in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
• in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
How we will protect your personal information
We will take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure server. All interactions with our website involving your personal details will be encrypted using SSL technology.
However, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password.
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We will use session cookies to keep track of you whilst you navigate the website and to collect information prior to making a purchase. Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser.
We also use Google Analytics to analyse the usage of the site and to help us ensure that the site is meeting the needs of our users. Google Analytics uses a number of cookies but these do not collect or store your personal information (e.g. your name or address) so this information cannot be used to identify who you are. We do not allow Google to use or share our analytics data.
We will assume that by using the site you are agreeing to the use of these cookies. You may turn off cookies in your browser. However, this will mean that you will be unable to log on to the site or use its services.
Details of the individual cookies used on the site may be seen here.
Changes to this policy
This version : 6/6/2012